Saturday, June 02, 2007

The Other Boleyn Girl


I wanted to share with you what I've been reading lately. Actually, I've already finished this book and I have started on my second Philippa Gregory novel, "The Constant Princess." If you enjoy historical romance novels, then Philippa is the best! I simply could not put this one down and it's been a long time since I've read a book like that!! I was kind of wary at first, because I wasn't quite sure exactly what kind of book I was picking up at Target. I don't make a habit of reading romance novels and most of the books I read are by Christian authors. However, I do love history and anything about the Renaissance and 16th century monarchy peeks my interest (you already know how I like the Britian monarchy...). "The Other Boleyn Sister" is a fascinating novel about Anne Boleyn and her rise to power in Henry VIII's Tudor court. But there is a twist. It is told through the eyes of her sister, Mary Boleyn. If you would like to get more information about this book, Philippa Gregory, or her other books, you can visit her website at www.philippagregory.com. The best thing about this book is that it has been turned into a movie that will premiere in December of this year. Natalie Portman will play the role of Anne and Scarlett Johnassan will play Mary. I love both of those actresses, so I can't wait to see the movie!!

No comments:

Post a Comment