Thursday, May 31, 2007

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Alise has started fighting me about the sundress issue. All of a sudden, she doesn’t like to wear sundresses. If it’s a dress with sleeves, she’s fine with it, but if it has spaghetti straps and a skirt, she starts belly-aching and saying, “It’s tight. Too tight, Mommie.” Give me a break! The child has never worn anything tight in her life! How does she know what tight is?! Anyway, we had a timeout session this morning before we left to go to school! Can you believe it? Well, let me back up a minute. She wanted to wear her mermaid nightgown to school today. That’s when the melt-down started. Then she didn’t want to wear the brown and white sundress I put on her. So then she threw a fit this morning and that’s what lead to the time out session in the corner of the living room. I’m sorry. She may be two years old, but she is not going to dictate to me what she will and will not wear. Mermaid nightgown or no mermaid nightgown. Ugh!!

Would you believe I have been getting to work by 8:00 this entire week? Alise has been waking up shortly after 6:00 in the mornings and she’s found the Disney Mermaid cartoon so I can still get ready while she eats breakfast and watches TV. By 7:00, we’re nearly ready and off we go. I get her to school around 7:30-7:40 and then I’m at work (after I stop to get a Sonic slush, of course). This week has been a lot quicker without the school traffic. Alise misses getting to see the school buses.

I had an appointment at 4:00 this afternoon to see Alise's pictures at Holtzclaw. They turned out really good. I was pleased. I ended up getting everyone a 5 by 7 of the same pose with her in the red and white polka dot outfit sitting on the brick wall with her bare feet. As for the pictures with her in the "cinderella" - looking dress, I ordered those for myself. Her hair was a little messed up, but Robert said he could "crop" some of that. There was a beautiful picture of her looking at the water.

You need to visit the nearest Old Navy store you can find. At lunch, I took the pants back that Misty got Alise for her birthday for a bigger size. I ended up getting me and Wayne the Old Navy t-shirts for the 4th of July for $5 bucks a piece. When I was at the check out, I could have kicked myself for not getting Alise one, too, and then we could all look alike for the holiday. They also have flip-flops on sale for 2 for $5 bucks, so I got a pink pair and a brown pair. Too cute!! Too cheap!!

I got an email from my cousin in Mississippi about my grandmother's 90th birthday. Plans are being made to celebrate her birthday in Oak Grove on September 1st, which I think is Labor Day weekend. When I said something to Wayne about it, he informed me that that was the first weekend of the Alabama home game and the premier of "Nick Sabin." I told him that we would be attending my Grandmother's birthday party. He said that he would go to the game by himself. I said he would be attending my Grandmother's birthday party.

No comments:

Post a Comment