Monday, May 21, 2007

Monday, May 21, 2007

I was fine until I got back in the car this morning. I was so thankful that the kids were outside playing on the playground, so I didn't have to actually leave Alise in her new room. The director of Alise's school was there and she told me that Alise would be moving up today. Marian said that Alise was more than ready. "She is so smart and she is just our little helper. She's going to love her new room," she told me. But when I looked for her locker to leave her lunchbox in, it had been moved. Her cubby was between two other kids that I didn't even know. I cried on my way to work thinking about how my baby has grown up. She has turned into a precious little girl and I love her with all my heart. When I picked Alise up this afternoon, Ms. Beverly said that she had a great day. I ran into Lori who was picking Emma up in the other room and she asked, "Alise moved up?" I nearly started crying again. It's going to be a tough emotional week for me.

Okay. I opted for 40 cupcakes instead of 48. I took the cupcake candle that I bought at Target that was the exact replica of what I want Alise's cupcakes to look like. When I placed the order, the lady asked me if I wanted to know how much the cupcakes would be. I said yes and when she came back, she said, "Whew! I am so glad that I checked! The cupcakes are $1 a piece. Do you still want them?" Of course, I said yes. I was really surprised by the price, because I really thought they would be more. So, 40 cupcakes have been ordered. I bought five lime green balloons, but the Paper Shack was out of extra plates. I'll check later in the week for more plates, but none of the other colors of balloons really matched Alise's invitations.

No comments:

Post a Comment