Monday, May 28, 2007

Happy Birthday!!

All I can say is, "Whew!" Double "whew!" I am exhausted! All I can say is that the party was wonderful! Alise had a great time! She was a little quiet, but I think it's because she simply didn't know what to think about everything. She loved the cupcakes, so I am so glad that I decided to do them instead of a cake. The workers and owners of the pizzaria were really surprised at the effort we went to for Alise's party. The owner wants to frame some of our pictures of Alise's party in the restaurant. He even told Wayne, "Man, I hate to see what her 16-year birthday will be like! You guys went all out!" I didn't think it was anything that spectacular. All it was was a few balloons and crepe paper! And great friends and family. That's what makes a birthday party! Just being with those that love and care about you. Alise loves her little friends! I don't regret a single thing about that day or her party. For once, everything went as I imagined. However, maybe I did order too much pizza. Our refrigerator is busting at the seams with leftover pizza!

Now, for the "afterwards." We were all so tired that we came home and took a nap. After I woke up, I was nauseous and absolutely sick. I must have had the 24 hour stomach virus and it was the worst thing in the world because I didn't eat a single thing at the party, so I had nothing in my stomach. Wayne had to end up taking Alise to my mom's for supper by himself and I stayed in the bed nearly overdosing on Imodium-D and Emetrol. I hated that I didn't get to spend much time visiting with my brother, sister-in-law, and neice, Brooklyn, but I just couldn't move. Wayne came down with a touch of it on Sunday and so we didn't do anything for the rest of the weekend but lay around. We didn't even give Alise her big present - her "Cinderella Castle" - until late Sunday afternoon because we felt so bad. Aunt Donna and Uncle Steve got to witness the big event! They even managed to climb in it at the bequest of their "Princess Neice." I have pictures of that event to post, but I apologize, but I am just pictured-out tonight. You can check out the birthday pics and others that I got behind on at I'll try and post castle pictures when I can find it in my heart to delete the Easter pictures. We went out to eat with Aunt Donna and Uncle Steve Sunday night at Outback.

Today, we were outside by 9:00 this morning and we were outside all day. Wayne was busy painting next door, so it was just me and Baby Girl. We played in the castle, played with the sand & water table, slid down our new Princess slide (Thanks to Grandma Ruth), rode in our pink car, blew bubbles, and God only knows what else. Alise was sweating she was having so much fun! We had a few melt-downs, but we made it through. No time outs today. I made spaghetti in the crockpot, Aunt Donna's green beans, and Italian bread for supper. I'm going to have to throw some pizza out to get the leftovers in the fridge.

Alise tee-tee'ed in the potty tonight before bed time. She was so proud of herself. Sometimes, she tells me she has to go potty and I'm like, "this is a complete waste of time," but tonight I gave in and she did her part. I realize that I've got to be as patient about this whole thing as I can be, but it's hard. Especially when it's bed time and all I can think about is getting her in bed so I can get some things done around the house. I feel horrible for feeling that way.

1 comment:

  1. I think whatever Alise had she gave to you! It probably was a bug of some sort!