Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Wayne and I are debating about whether or not to spend the $60 and get an all-year pass to our local zoo. It also includes visits to zoos in Shreveport and Alexandria. I suspect that we will be going alot in the future because Alise likes it so much. The $60 is good for a whole year. We really think it is a good deal. I've gotten lots of comments about the monkey picture and Alise (see below)! Everyone thinks it's so funny. It was!

I want to say thanks to my friend, Amie, for all her "computer intelligence." She's been able to answer a few blogging questions for me today. Who knows? If I get some time, maybe I'll "modernize" my blog.

Alise wore her first sun-dress to school today, although it rained nearly all day. She looked so cute in her blue and white polka dot sun-dress and ponytails. She's getting better about leaving them in. Don't give me a hard time about taking her to school today. After all, I picked her up early. As a matter of fact, she didn't even want to leave with me! She was too busy drawing on her magna-doodle with her friends.

Chad and his girlfriend didn't end up making it over for supper last night, so there is a ton of smothered deer steak left in the fridge. I went to Wal-mart (Ugh!!) this afternoon and spent $150. I nearly died! I hate going to Wal-mart and certainly hate spending that much money there! We had already spent a chunk of change at Sam's earlier this week. That's the thing about taking off from work. You always have to go back so you can make up for all the extra stuff you spent while you were off! Tomorrow it's back to the ol' grind for me. Wayne has the rest of the week off.

Okay. I have a confession to make. I'm on a diet (not that that has anything to do with the $150 I spent at Wal-mart. Actually, it was mostly all the "knick-knacks" that Wayne wanted me to buy!). On the way to Memphis (the anniversary trip that was short lived...), I saw an advertisement for a weightloss product called SlimQuick in my Better Homes and Gardens magazine. I found it at the GNC store in the mall there, so I've been taking it for the last two days. I must say, it curbs your appetite! I haven't been hungry for anything! I haven't had a Diet Coke in three days (and that's saying alot!). I've been drinking mostly water, so maybe this is a good thing. I stopped at Chic-fil-a and got a Ceasar Wrap for lunch and I could barely finish eating it. At least I am trying to make healthier eating choices. I'll let you know in a few weeks how it's going. I haven't had time to read the pamplet that came with the pills. They were pretty expensive, but I was getting desperate.

I've been struggling with Alise at bedtime this past week. Usually, after she stays with my mom, we have a time getting back in our routine. My mom usually sleeps with her on the "big girl bed" (day bed and trundle) when she stays at my parent's house. Anyway, for the last three nights, she has literally screamed herself to sleep. Partially fighting it and the other part just plain ticked off at me or her dad or both! There are days when I just don't know what to do! She was so sweet on the way home...talking to her Nana on my cellphone.

The nightmares about Alise's party are still happening. Last night I dreamed that people actually came, but I had no idea who they were! Is that crazy or what? I put the $25 deposit down to reserve the room at Fox's Pizza yesterday afternoon. I'm a little nervous about only having two hours (at the most) to decorate. I asked if we could come in and decorate late Friday night and they told me that they would be cleaning and preferred me to come in a few hours before the party on Saturday morning. Regardless, the place is good to go.

Okay. Was it just me or did anybody else out there notice how OLD Hugh Grant looked in the "Staying Alive" video on American Idol tonight? Ohmygosh! I nearly fell out of my chair!

1 comment:

  1. i got some of that slimquick stuff too but haven't started taking it yet. i always forget in the morning!

    ReplyDelete