Sunday, April 22, 2007

Sunday, April 22, 2007

So much for a happy 12-year anniversary! As I write this, Baby Girl is asleep (finally) in our bed with "Mermaid" going on her portable DVD player. Yes, today is Sunday. Yes, today is our anniversary. Yes, we were suppose to be in Memphis eating at our favorite fondue restaurant, "The Melting Pot." But...Alise got sick. Sick as in throwing up and diarreha. Thus, Wayne and I decided to come home. She hasn't thrown up anymore since about 6:30 tonight, but I still think she is running a little fever. Unfortunately, my ties to the hospital didn't get me any drugs for Alise, even after I talked to the nurse at the Pediatric After Hours clinic twice. They'll hear about that when I get back to the office this week! Alise started throwing up at my mom's at about 2:30 this morning. My mom called me on my cellphone around 9:00 to tell me. We waited around for a while, thinking maybe it was something she ate, but she was still throwing up at 11:00, so we cancelled all our plans (it was too late for the baseball tickets) and came home. I can't tell you how disappointed I am. Of course, I'm not mad at Alise. It's something that couldn't be helped, but my birthday AND my anniversary? Give me a break!

No comments:

Post a Comment