Saturday, April 07, 2007

Saturday, April 7, 2007




Wayne and I spent about two hours in the truck this afternoon--with Baby Girl asleep in the back--riding around all over Monroe looking for those crazy McDonald's happy meal toys...the Madame Alexander Wizard of Oz dolls! We were on a mission! We also wanted to try and get the Wicked Witch for Katie since Doug and Mirya hadn't been able to find it (but they eventually did!). We still don't have Dorothy and the Good Witch Glenda. I told Wayne, "Who would have ever thought that we would be doing something like this?" If you had told me five or six years ago that one day I would be driving all over town to every single McDonald's--with gas being over $2 a gallon, no doubt--looking for Madame Alexander Wizard of Oz dolls in a stupid McDonald's happy meal, I would have said you have GOT to be kidding. That's what our little woman has done! She has certainly changed our world!! Alise is not in to the "Oz" thing like Katie is right now, so I have decided to put the dolls up until she is. Won't she be surprised? I'll definitly have to tell her the story that goes along with the dolls. They really are nice. I think Doug told Wayne that they are already selling on Ebay! Can you believe that?

Well, it was too cold in our part of the world today, so we skipped out on the whole zoo Easter egg hunt thing. There goes that expensive outfit!! Anyway, we had our own little "private" Easter egg hunt in our yard. Alise loved it! She also had a blast with dyeing Easter eggs, too. But she couldn't understand that she had to let the eggs dry before she put the princess stickers on them. We're headed to church tomorrow with my mom and dad. Wayne is helping in our own church services at ULM's colesium tomorrow. I've packed Alise's bag with lots of prizes to keep her quiet tomorrow during the service, but I have a sneaky feeling that she and her friend Addison will end up in the cry room together. I just hope Alise is in a good mood for the Easter egg hunt after church.

I've finished putting the final touches on Alise's Easter basket. I guess it's a good thing that she's got a big basket, because it's slammed full. And not with that much candy. I don't know why I'm wiggin' out about the candy thing, but after the chocolate Easter bunny that Uncle Steve and Aunt Donna gave her last night, she's got all the sweets she'll need for a long time. I got her a small box of jelly beans and a little egg with M&Ms in it. Also, some marshemellos in the shape of an egg that are really colorful (not the Peep things).

I hope you all have a wonderful Easter tomorrow. I hope it's MUCH warmer in your neck of the woods than it is in ours. But most of all, I hope you take a few moments to think about the true meaning of Easter and the hope of the Cross. I leave you with this: "Why do you seek the living among the dead? He is not here, but is RISEN!" (Luke 24:5-6).

No comments:

Post a Comment