Friday, April 06, 2007

Friday, April 6, 2007



The Mermaid panties didn't work. After I picked Alise up from my mom's this afternoon, I suggested that Alise put on some "big girl panties," secretly hoping that this might be the next big step to getting her interested in potty training. Wrong. I was in the computer room, when I heard her holler. I ran into the living room and there she was, pointing at the floor and smiling. "Mommie, I tee-tee" is what she said. And then we had a meltdown, of course, because she didn't want to put a diaper back on. So much for wishful thinking!

Target was the happening place today! I went early to kill some time while I waited for the nail salon to open. I saw everybody! I bought the new "Chris Daughtry" CD. Someone made the comment the other day that he should have won the last "American Idol." I'm not too sure about that, but he was one of my favorites. Anyway, his CD is really good! I like his music.

Guess what! Alise's birthday invitations came in today...finally! They are really cute! They even have a little glitter and sparkle to them. I've got to finish ordering the other things very soon because I noticed on the site that the vendor is taking a "break" and the items come from Canada and they take so long to get here, that I would be pushing it if I waited until the beginning of May. I plan to order everything else later tonight.

Good luck, Mirya, with finding all the McDonald Happy Meal Madame Alexander Wizard of Oz dolls (what a mouth full!)!! We went by our Mickey D's here and all they had left was the Good Witch. Wayne put his name down for the display, but I don't expect them to call and let us have them. The person he spoke to told him that they had all the dolls yesterday. Makes me think that they sold a bunch of happy meals today!

Donna and Steve came over tonight and we fried fish. They brought Alise this HUGE chocolate Easter bunny. Alise kept looking at it really close. I don't think she knew what to think about it. The bunny is as big as she is!! After she dropped the box a few times trying to pick it up and carry it, the bunny became decapitated. Oh, well. It's still chocolate. And who better to show Alise the addiction to chocolate than her own mother?

Also, Wayne's "Winnsboro Women" had a cake for him to that said "We will miss you" because he starts his new route on Monday. They saved the "truck" for him to bring home. I don't know who made the cake, but it was delicious and she did a great job!

No comments:

Post a Comment