Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

We had to leave "Mermaid" at school today. Nobody could find her, including Ms. Sandy, who even when to great lengths to call Ms. Kathy at home to see if she knew where Mermaid was. She's lost. She wasn't in the playroom or music room or lunch room at school. She wasn't in Alise's locker, nor was she in her classroom. Alise took the news well. We left and she was okay, but I fully expected a meltdown tonight when it was bedtime and Mermaid was nowhere nearby. Of course, Alise proved me wrong and went straight to sleep. I told Alise on the way home that Mermaid's days at school were numbered and once she was found, she would no longer be "attending" school with Alise. She would either have to stay at home or stay in the car and wait on Alise to come back. She just grinned at me.

Okay. I lied about the flip-flop thing. I said I wasn't going to buy any flip-flops for Alise this year, but this past Saturday, I stopped in at Rack Room Shoes and they had a pair of pink sketcher flip flops with a bear on them and I just had to get them for Alise. Tonight, we "practiced" putting the flip-flops on. She did MUCH better this go around. But, bless her heart, her little toes are so fat that she can't really get the piece to go in between her toes. We'll keep trying. I told her these were "outside" shoes and that all her friends had them and she was really interested. I think the little panda bear on them helped peak her interest, too.

Tonight, I ordered one package of invitations I found a few weeks ago for Alise's birthday party. I wanted to see what they look like for real. Ya know...actually be able to hold them in my hand. If I like them well enough, I plan to order the rest of the party supplies soon.

We plan to work in the yard this weekend. Wayne bought feed and seed today in Winnsboro. I asked him if he got any pine straw and he said they didn't have any. I think he just doesn't want to mess with it. Our yard is a complete mess from all the plumbing work we had done last weekend. We had to have the washing machine and kitchen sink lines replaced. Now I have dirt piled up in my yard and Wayne says he can't do anything until it rains. That just doesn't make any sense to me. I also want to begin boxing up our winter clothes and pulling out the capris and short-sleeve shirts. I haven't decided if I'm going to pull out all the Easter stuff yet. That remains to be seen. I'm sure we'll take Alise to the park Saturday morning if the weather is nice. It's great to have a weekend where nothing is planned.

I got my new Kraft Foods magazine in the mail today. There is a picture of lemon bars on the front of it. They look great! I haven't had a chance to look at it, yet, but maybe I'll find some new recipes. I haven't cooked all week! We've been eating what I call "staples." That means stuff out of the freezer. I need to go to the grocery store.

Okay. I'm off to bed. Very tired. I have to go to Baton Rouge on Friday with about six other people for a meeting. We're leaving the airport at 6:30 Friday morning. It's a private plane, so I'm kinda excited about that! I don't think I've ever flown to two different destinations in one week. Wow!

1 comment:

  1. You'll have to tell me how Alise does with the flip flops. Thanks for letting me know about the package. I've got to get a package to you. I haven't shipped it yet, but I'll let you know when I do. Give Alise hugs & kisses from us. Talk to ya later! If I don't talk to you, have a safe trip Friday.

    Love ya, Mirya

    ReplyDelete