Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

After much prayer, Wayne and I have decided that he will not go with me this weekend to Rome for my interview at Floyd Medical Center (www.floyd.org) on Monday. I can't begin to tell you how disappointed I feel that the love of my life won't be there with me, but we both know that at this point in the process, it just isn't to our advantage to spend the money for an extra plane ticket. I really wish he could be there. I am a little nervous about the driving in Atlanta, but when we pulled directions off of Map Quest last night, there were only eight specific directions and it really didn't look that bad. Surely I can make it 70 miles!!

I can't begin to describe to you the peace I've had through this whole process. I can't remember a time that I have ever felt nervous or ansy about it. I've questioned the timing, the reason, and the location, but I have also rested in the fact that God knows what He's doing in my life, even when I don't. Last night, I was reading in the book of Psalms and I came across a verse that said, "In God, I will trust." I also read in Numbers when God was angry at Moses and Aaron for hitting the rock that would give the Israelites water instead of speaking to it. He said, "...you did not trust in Me enough to honor me as holy..." Oh, Lord, for the strength to believe and trust in You enough to honor You. That is my heart's cry.

A few years ago, I attended a Women of Faith Conference and heard Babbie Mason sing for the first time. I was totally blown away by her sincerity, her singing and song writing abilities as well as her love for Christ. She sang a song at the conference that has become one of my favorites. Here is the chorus to the song, "Trust His Heart":

God is to wise to be mistaken
God is to good to be unkind.
So when you don’t understand, when you don’t see his plan,
When you can’t trace his hand, trust his heart

Keep praying, Friends! I love you all! I've got another story I want to share with you, but because of time, it will have to wait until later.

Tonight, Alise had a special gift from her Grandma Ruth. Wayne's mother just got back from a cruise to Jamaica & Puerto Rico. She left a beautiful white embroidried dress at our door today. Alise loved it and I had to make her wait until her daddy got home to call her Grandma and tell her "thank you." It was the sweetest thing. Of course, we had to coax her, but she said, "Hi! Thank you. See me. I love you. Bye!" I wish I had gotten it on video! It made my heart smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment