Thursday, March 08, 2007

Thursday, March 8, 2007

I have some good news to report. I am the happiest person on the face of the earth! I'm the happiest I've been in a long time. It's official. I have an interview with Floyd Medical Center on Monday, March 19th in Rome, Georgia. The airline flight has been booked, the hotel reservations made and the rental car taken care of. All at the hospital's expense. I'm not even nervous about the five hour interview that I have scheduled for that day! I'm WAY TOO excited to be nervous! I'll get nervous on the plane!

Our biggest concern right now is finding Wayne a flight. I absolutely refuse to fly to Atlanta alone, get a rental car and drive...all on my own...to Rome. I have NO sense of direction. My airfare alone is over $1,000, so we have been scouring the internet tonight trying to find the cheapest route for Wayne. It looks like we may be taking separate plane flights and I'll have to wait on Wayne in Atlanta for about three hours, but the cheapest route we have found so far is $653. It wouldn't be so bad if we didn't have the two hour car ride to Rome, but that can't be helped. We should be back in Monroe on Monday night around 8:00.

I can't tell you how excited I am! It's like a breath of fresh air has just been breathed back in to my life. Now, that's not to say that I won't get there and hate it. Or that the job won't even be offered to me. But from my conversations with the controller and CFO, it does look very positive. I've just got to find Wayne a job...perferably at UPS (There is a UPS hub in Rome), as a driver, making the same money he's making now, plus benefits. That's a far stretch, I know.

I called my mother this afternoon and told her about it over the phone. All she said was, "That's a long way, La-La!" She agreed to keep Alise for us while we were gone. Wayne called Donna and told her and Steve tonight.

Alise still enjoys her daddy being home when she gets home! We all took a "family walk" tonight around the neighborhood to see all the dogs. When we got home, Alise wanted to watch "Lady and the Tramp" and then had a meltdown because it was time for a bath. I'm going to try my best this weekend to get her interested in Cinderella. I think I'm going to let her wear the new Cinderella smocked dress I got her from OE to Addison's birthday party on Saturday. When you ask Alise whose party we're going to this weekend, she says, "Addison." When you ask her what she's going to eat, she says, "Cake and pizza." It's too funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment