Saturday, March 17, 2007

March 17, 2007

This afternoon, a had a few hours to run errands. I told you in the margin that I got acrylic nails about a month ago. The place that I go for fill-ins is right beside Lifeway Christian Bookstore. The nail shop was pretty busy, so I wrote my name on the list and said that I was going next door for a few minutes. I had been wanting to buy a new Bible Study book ever since my Beth Moore study finished about a month ago. I ended up getting the study, "A Woman After God's Own Heart" by Elizabeth George. She is a very good author and I have this book (not the study) already. I also picked up Chonda Pierce's "Laughing in the Dark" because I love Chonda. She is hilarious. Her book is about her journey through depression. I don't know why I picked the book up, I'm certainly not depressed. Maybe I was hoping for a good laugh.

When I made it back to the nail salon, I still had to wait a few minutes, so I pulled out Chonda's book and started reading. This is what I found in the Prologue:

"Without the assistance of that Divine Being...
I cannot succeed. With that assistance
I cannot fail. Trusting in Him who can go with me,
and remain with you,
and be everywhere for good, let us confidently
hope that all will yet be well."
---Abraham Lincoln

Tears came to my eyes. You see, my dad called me this morning and was upset about me driving alone in Atlanta. I could tell that he was really worried. And all I could say was, "Daddy, I'm going to be okay." It also reminded me that I am nothing without God. Out of all the people that we've told about this trip, not a single person has said, "Ya know what, Laura? You're heart's not really in it. You know you really aren't going to move. Why don't you just cancel the whole thing? Why waste everybody's time?" I say that because most of you know that Wayne has kinda had a change of heart. And if I didn't have that sense of peace that I have and know from my own personal experience that God always works wonders in my life with my occupation, then I would cancel and I would say, "Forget it." The truth is, my heart really is in it. I want to give have a great interview and I would love for them to pick me as their choice. This part's easy! It's the choice I have to make about whether or not to go that will be the hardest.

I plan to do alot of soul searching and prayer tomorrow when I finally do make it to Rome. I'm bringing my Ipod and Bible and new study book. I don't plan on really even turning the TV on. I just really want to spend some quiet time alone. Of course, I may have to take a "blogger-break" if the hotel has a computer stashed away somewhere.

Until then, keep praying. God is in control.

1 comment:

  1. I want to wish you a very safe trip tomorrow and good luck on your interview. I know you'll do great! If this is God's will, things will happen and wheels will turn. Just hang on for the ride and enjoy the experiences. I guess I could have said all of this on the phone tonight, I'm sorry. Love you, Mirya

    ReplyDelete