Monday, February 05, 2007

Monday, February 5, 2007

I was ready to kill tonight!! Alise lost her mind at gymnastics and I nearly lost mine with her! I guess my little detour to pick up a prescription before her gymnastics time really messed her up! When we got to the gym, she didn't want to put her outfit on. Then she started screaming for her pacifier. I was so embarrassed because the head coach of Ouachita High School was sitting out in the waiting area, trying to talk on the phone and my daughter was screaming her head off!! I was ready to kill her! Then she pitched a fit because she didn't want to get out of the ball pit. She didn't want to put her warm up suit on to leave and she cried all the way home. She got put in time out when we got home. Two time out sessions in three days!! What is my world coming to? But it's the sweetest thing to hear her say, "I'm sorry." It makes my heart melt.

I traveled half way around the world today on my lunch break to find birthday party supplies and to try and get other ideas incase I decide not to do the Raggedy Ann theme. I made a call to the www.raggedyland.com website in Atlanta to order the Raggedy Ann purses as party favors and they told me that they don't have the 10-12 that I need. I was told to keep checking the website because they were trying to contact the distributor for more. I ordered Alise some Raggedy Ann mailing labels about three weeks ago. They haven't come in yet. I guess I should take that as an omen.

And while I am on the subject of Alise's meltdown, let me tell you what she did this morning. I guess I'm going to hafta stop putting nightgowns on Alise at night. The last two times, she's taken her diaper off and tee-tee'ed all in her bed. When she wears pajama's, she doesn't do it. This morning, her diaper was off and her bed was soaking wet. She stunk to high heaven and so I had to give her a bath. I knew it was going to be a bad day when I'm giving my daughter a bath at 7:15 in the morning and I don't even have a smiggen of makeup on yet!
*************************************************************************************
I'm leaning more and more toward the whole "cupcake theme" idea for Alise's party. I found some cute and less expensive cupcake invitations online at www.polkadotdesigns.com. I'm thinking about going with polka dot plates and napkins. I still need to decide where to have it and if I want individual cupcakes (since it is a cupcake party) or a cake made in the shape of a cupcake (I found the mold today at Hobby Lobby).

No comments:

Post a Comment