Monday, January 22, 2007

Monday, January 22, 2007

Before I even begin, let me just say that I have the most wonderful husband in the world (And, no, he isn't paying me to say that!)!! He had my whole birthday planned down to the wire! And that even included the babysitter! He thought of everything. Except....except for Alise getting sick.

I told you in my last blog that when I picked Alise up from school last Friday, she didn't look good. Well, what became of her "not looking good" turned into a 102.5 fever and a doctor's office visit first thing Saturday morning. I had to call and cancel the babysitter, the facial, the massage, the manicure AND the pedicure! Dr. Stanley was on call and just about the whole city of Monroe decided to make a doctor's visit at the same time we did. We didn't end up getting out of there for two hours! I can't tell you how disappointed Wayne was when he called me Saturday morning, asked where I was and I had to tell him that I was in the doctor's office with our sick daughter. Anyway. Alise ended up having the croup and bronchitis. She sounds horrible and nearly coughs up a lung every now and then. Dr. Stanley said that he wanted to keep it from becoming pnuemonia, so he prescribed another antibiotic (we just got off the one for her strep throat), a steroid, and a cough medicine. She has not slept good in several nights and my mom kept her today while I went to work. She is so hot natured that she normally gets hot while she sleeps and then it turns into a coughing fit that lasts from anywhere to thirty minutes to three hours! Yes, last night, she woke up at 10:00 and I didn't get her to go back to sleep until 1:00 this morning! It was a miserable night for all of us. I was suppose to have pokeno at my house tomorrow night, but I had to call everyone and cancel. Just too much drama going on in the Horton household these days!

The last dress I won off Ebay came in today. It's so pretty. I can't wait for Alise to wear it for her birthday party! And of all places, the dress came from Decatur, Alabama! Can I pick 'em or what?

I found a great website last night while I was surfing. Go to www.crazydazy.com. They've got backpacks and silly sacks. I bought Alise a kitty cat silly sack. Her friend, Mallory, has the butterfly silly sack. They're too cute! The web site is definitly "all girl."

Alise got yet another baby doll this weekend! This makes two baby dolls in one week! This one was another belated Christmas presents from her cousins in Mississippi. It was a Cabbage Patch Newborn baby with the carrier. She loves it! Thanks, Damian, Mindy, Gavin, and Mallory!

While I was sitting in the doctor's office Saturday morning with Alise, I thought about how my life has changed since God blessed our lives with a precious daughter. Before, not getting to do what I wanted to do and having my plans dashed because of something would just send me through the roof. I could never understand back then, how my friends who already had children, seemed to always let them "get in the way" of what they had planned. Something always happened with one of their kids to ruin the whole thing. I didn't understand the sacrifice. I didn't understand what a difference one little girl could make. I sat there that day thinking, ya know? I could get mad about this. I could be upset that Alise spoiled my husband's plans for me and ruined my whole birthday, but I couldn't. I certainly couldn't have gone for my spa trip with a clear conscious or enjoyed it for that matter, knowing that she was sick and didn't feel good. I suddenly realized, that I have become just like my friends. My daughter comes first. When she needs me, I want to be there for her. I want her to know how important she is to me. Sometimes plans have to be broken. There will always be other birthdays. But there will never be another thirty-four year birthday, in the doctor's office, with my 20-month year Baby Girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment