Monday, January 15, 2007

Monday, January 15, 2007

I have to tell you what I did today. I have almost decided that for Alise's two year birthday party, the theme is going to be "Raggedy Ann." I have already found the paper goods at www.birthdayexpress.com. I was on the internet surfing Raggedy Ann birthday parties sometime before Christmas and I came across this site from someone in Seattle, Washington. This lady dressed up as Raggedy Ann and attended children's birthday parties, doing face painting, games, and giving each child a balloon. I thought that was the neatest thing. (Just so you know, I got this whole idea from my photographer, Luci Holtzclaw, who had clowns at her son's one year birthday party). I had a break this afternoon, so I called our local costume shop and asked if they had anyone who dressed up as clowns for children's birthday parties. They did! I was surprised. The lady on the phone told me that this particuliar lady did an excellent job and she's done other things such as the Easter bunny, etc. So, I called Arlene, but we didn't speak long because she didn't have her calendar with her, so we didn't even get to discuss money. We're suppose to get in touch with each other again soon. She acted like she was interested. I asked if she would do a Raggedy Ann costume and she said yes, but that I would have to cover the cost of the costume (She said it would be around $30). She says she does face painting and she makes animals out of balloons. I'm still thinking about it, like I said we didn't even talk about her fee, but I'm excited just the same. Alise will be getting to that age soon where she wants to pick out her own themes and types of parties and so while I still have a say in the matter, I want to make them as special as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment