Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Okay. Somebody please shoot me! I have lost my mind! I bought Alise two more Christmas presents today. I know, I've gone completely crazy! I bought her a Lissi doll off the internet. It is the neatest baby doll! She makes sucking sounds when you give her the bottle, she burps, she says "moma" and "daddy" and her tummy rises when she's asleep! No, this is not the babydoll that eats baby food and poops! I may have fallen off the wagon, but I was not born yesterday. I know better than to go there. However.....with shipping, the Lissi doll cost just as much as the other baby would have cost at Wal-mart! But it HAD to be here in time for Christmas!! It should be here by Friday. It came with another suit of clothes, the swing and the bassinet carrier. Then, Linda and I went to Toys R Us at lunch (I think I've been to Toys R Us as much in one week as I've been my whole life!) and she bought (and I bought, of course) the teddy bear that lights up and turns about six different shades. I don't know the exact name of the bear, but Mallory had gotten one for her birthday and everyone was talking about it at her party a few weeks ago. So I got Alise one of those, too. I know I've already gone overboard and I am going to be so disappointed when on Christmas morning Alise only wants to ride on that crazy rocking horse! Oh, well. It's the joys of parenthood and if we can afford it, then it's worth it.

Alise can tell you what Santa says. She says, "Ho, ho, ho!" I'm trying to teach her to say "Frosty" instead of "snowman" and "red nose" for Rudolph. She will point to her nose, but she doesn't say anything. We still talk about Katie coming soon, but if you mention Santa coming, she gets this scared look on her face and she watches the door for a few seconds.

Tomorrow is her last day of daycare until after Christmas. She and I have been talking about sleeping late on Friday morning and maybe meeting Wayne in Winnsboro for lunch that afternoon. We're just going to be "ladies of leisure" that day. We'll probably make cookies and hope that it snows in time for Christmas. I want to get some sparklers from the local fireworks stand for Christmas Eve. I wonder what she'll think about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment