Saturday, December 09, 2006

Saturday, December 9, 2006

Whew! It's been a busy day!

It started with Alise's haircut. I was afraid that she was going to have a meltdown. She didn't want to sit in Rhonda's chair with the booster seat, so I had to end up holding her while Rhonda cut her bangs. I started crying. I couldn't believe I was allowing my baby girl's hair to be cut. The thought of that hair being the very hair that she had the day she was born and here I was getting it cut, just killed me. But I had to do it. It was time. Now, Baby Girl has bangs and she looks so cute! It's still long enough to put in pony tails, too. She did so good! I was so proud of her. I'll post pictures at www.babygirlalise.photosite.com tomorrow.

From there, we went to see Santa at the children's boutique, "Spoiled Rotten." The backdrop was absolutely adorable with a gingerbread house and candy canes and Santa was in the "traditional" Santa suit. However, the sitting fee was $30 and I knew that there was no way Alise was going to sit on Santa's knee. She kept peering at him through the clothes while he was talking and laughing with the other kids, but when I saw another little girl that was about her age totally freak out, I thought, there's just no way. So we left. Besides, I didn't think to put a Christmas outfit on Alise this morning and I wouldn't have been happy with a picture with the outfit she had on (I know. I'm picky).

Then it was on to get an inspection sticker for the car and to McDonald's. Alise scared me half to death nearly choking on a stupid nugget! I had to stop at Fred's and pick up a prescription and I noticed Alise's eye was caked in "gook." The girl behind the counter handed me a kleenex and I managed to clean her eye.

I spent the rest of the afternoon washing about a thousand loads of clothes and getting ready for our dinner party with two other couples that our our closest friends. I noticed after Alise's nap that her eye was still looking red. I quickly grabbed the magazine I was reading last night in the tub because I had just read an article on pink eye. Yep, I'm afraid that Alise has pink eye. When our friends came over tonight, I asked Leigh and Missy, since they have kids, what they thought about her eye. Leigh said she thought it was pink eye, too. Missy noticed the longer the night went that Alise's eye was getting puffy. I absolutely dread taking Alise to the doctor tomorrow. Strep throat is running rampant right now and that's the last thing I need right now is her getting sick during the holidays. I'm going to try and call the doctor instead and just see if he can call me in a prescription.

We had a great time with our friends. Alise had a playmate and got to stay up WAY past her bedtime! We boiled shrimp and I also made gumbo. Leigh and Missy brought desserts. We all ate entirely too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment