Saturday, December 02, 2006

Saturday, December 2, 2006

Alise had a BLAST today at Mallory's birthday party. We had never been to the Jungle Gym before, but it was a hit in our book! There was so much to do and she was literally wiped out by the time we left. She fell asleep on the way home. She loved the ball pit (of course) but was a little ansy about the tunnel slide and the jumping box, but she tried them anyway and I was proud of her. She looked absolutely precious in her green and red Santa outfit. Everyone was wanting to know where I got the outfit.

Wayne came home from the camp and we headed to the mall. He needed to get a hair cut and I needed to get out of the house. Tonight was Alise's first time to a Mexican Restaurant. We ate at El Chico's, but Alise had a corn dog. She wasn't into the chips and dip too much. Poor thing! She was starving to death ! (I felt so sorry for her because there was pizza at the birthday party, but Alise being the youngest one there, she didn't understand to pick it up with her hands and bite. When I tried to cut it up for her, she got mad, so I just let her pick at it with her fork. She did pick the pizza up a few times and bite into it after she watched the kids do it, but she still didn't eat that much. She only took one bite of birthday cake).

Wayne and I are definitly going to have to start talking discipline. Alise is really into the fits and saying, "No!" to us. For a while, I felt guilty because I wasn't sure if she really knew what she was saying. But now, I am positive that she's "talking back" and I've had it. We're going to begin taking things up a notch, which will include time outs. I noticed tonight that she practically ran all over us and it was bad because we were in public and I didn't want to cause a scene, so we gave in. For the first time tonight, I told Wayne that our daughter was turning into a "brat" and I felt absolutely horrible about that....horrible for my daughter being that way and horrible that it was the truth and I said it. I absolutely refuse to let her be the ruler in our house. She has to understand that we are the Moma and Daddy and she has to mind us. Now, I know all this looks honkey-dorey on the internet and I am truly dreading these next six to nine months. I've realized for a while that, yep! We've hit the "terrible two's" and now it's time to put my foot down. But it breaks my heart for her to be upset or to cry, because even now, when we do get on to her about something, her eyes just well up with these tears and you know that she is really hurt about our harshness. So then I pick her up and say, "Mommie loves you" and I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. The joys of parenthood!

No comments:

Post a Comment