Monday, December 18, 2006

Monday, December 18, 2006

There are so many funny stories to tell that I thought I would take a few minutes out of my Christmas wrapping to tell you all about them.

First of all, tonight, on the way home, I said, "Now, Alise. Tell Moma who is coming to see you" Do you know what she said? She said, "Kay-Kay!" I was so thrilled! Tonight while she was in the bathtub, I told her that she and Katie could take a bubble bath together. She laughed.

But the funniest story is from this weekend at Alise's Christmas party. We got there kinda early and as the other kids started trickling in with their parents, Alise would just squeel with delight at seeing her friends! It was so much fun watching her. And then she ran around with all her friends...they loved running around the chairs in the middle of the room. She was dancing all over the place to the Christmas music. I don't think I have ever seen her so happy! But then! Around 10:20, the door opened and there was a loud, "Ho, ho, ho!" Alise started looking for the voice and when she saw him, she started running towards me. Since we were on the front row, Santa walked right in front of us and Alise took off running away from him. It was so funny! Everyone laughed.

Alot of you have asked me why I didn't include a picture of Alise with Santa. Well, that's because she absolutely refused to sit on his knee and to forego a complete meltdown by making her do it, I didn't push her. She sat in my lap the entire time and just stared at Santa and all the other kids. I asked her repeatedly if she wanted to sit on Santa's knee and she said no each time. After all the kids had filed through, Alise was the only one without a teddy bear. Ms. Marian came by and said, "Alise, did you get a teddy bear?" She shook her head no and Ms. Marian gave her one. So, needless to say, she got out of it!

Aunt Donna gave Alise a cellular phone this weekend. The child will not put the phone down. It rings off the hook!! Last night, she was talking on the phone and I said, "Who are you talking to?" She said, "Kay-Kay!" I was shocked. I said, "Okay!" She is just a little chatterbox these days...saying all kinds of stuff.

I told her tonight, "Only three more days and then we get to sleep late!" She just looks at me like I'm crazy! Maybe I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment