Sunday, November 26, 2006

Sunday, November 26, 2006

What a day! Lots of "firsts." It started with Sunday School. Ms. Jana, our Children's Director, asked me if it would be okay if Alise "moved up" to the one-year old class. Granted, she's 18-months, but the way they've got the early year classes situated, well, it's just crazy if you ask me. But back to the story. I was so excited. I told Jana, "Yes! I am ready for her to learn about Jesus!" So, Alise had her first day in one-year old Sunday School. She is in with alot of her friends and her teacher's name is Ms. Susan. She is very nice. Ms. Susan told me, "She is so good at singing "Jesus Loves Me. She was great!" I wish Aunt Donna had been standing there! A few weeks ago, when I went to pick up Alise, she and Aunt Donna were singing "Jesus Loves Me." Aunt Donna would be so proud! Anyway, we sang all the way home from church. Then, tonight, Alise ate from the table for the first time. I bought her a booster seat at Target and a Dora place mat. She thought she was such a big girl and for the first time, it hit me that we would finally be able to sit down and have family dinners together. The thought made me smile. The thought of finally getting that yucky high chair out of the house made me smile even bigger! It broke my heart to let go of the swing when Alise got too big for it, but I've been counting down the days for that highchair!

This afternoon, we took all the empty Christmas storage boxes back to the building. Wayne had to stop at the store to get some ice, so he got me and Alise an icee. She thought she was in hot cotton! She has developed a palate for strawberry icees...just like her mom, only I like coke ones better. While we were at the storage building, Wayne and I decided to bring the "royal potty" back with us. When Alise saw it, she knew what to do with it. She sat down on it. I keep telling myself, that it just can't be this easy. We'll see.

Well, tomorrow it's back to the old grind. I'm not looking forward to going back to work and Alise is going to have an adjustment from not being at daycare for a week. I asked her tonight if she was ready to see Ms. Sandy and she said, "Uh-huh" (yes). We're really working on the "please" and "thank you" thing. I wouldn't let her have any cookies after her nap until she said. "Please." She's gotten in to this "hitting" thing lately and so we're trying to discipline her about that. When we do, her sweet little eyes just well up with tears and it breaks my heart because you can tell that you've really hurt her feelings, but we've got to start somewhere. I just know that the "time out" days are coming. She definitly knows what it is!

The big hair cut day is coming!! Trust me! She had the wild do going on this morning for church and I just said, "Ok. That's it. You're getting a hair cut!" If she would just wear a bow, it would be so much better!

She absolutely LOVES to be outside! She followed me and Wayne around all afternoon! I'm still thinking about that slide for her for Christmas. Wayne told me that there was some "climber sets" in Winnsboro. You girls at Farm Bureau help him out with that deal, okay? Tell him that his little girl needs one of those climbers with the slide!!

Visit us at www.babygirlalise.photosite.com. Have a good week!

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:28 PM

    Test

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:33 PM

    Farm Bureau girls help my wife out the climber sets are only available at the lst of the month like I told her earlier. SHE DOES NOT LISTEN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wayne9:44 PM

    You need to treat Wayne fairly, he said all of the information regarding him was BOGUS....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wayne9:45 PM

    ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    We need more Darby up the middle...

    ReplyDelete
  5. laura9:47 PM

    what idiot only sells stuff at the beginning of the month?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wayne9:47 PM

    Rummage sales only happen the first of the month..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wayne9:49 PM

    I wish I had a new rifle to kill the BIG ONE....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh! You are SO funny! You have a motorcycle in a rental storage building that has been refurbished and you haven't even rode it this year! That's your rifle!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. And another thing...if it's stuff at a rummage sale, then I don't want it.

    ReplyDelete