Friday, November 24, 2006

Friday, November 24, 2006

Wayne just called. He killed the big one. It was an 11-point. I asked, "When did you kill it?" "Aw, 'bout 6:30 this morning." I wanted to say, "So instead of coming home and letting your wife go shopping on Black Friday like she has for the last thirty years, you decided to stay at the camp and get the "big head" because you've killed the biggest deer on the island so far this year?" But I didn't. And so, he's staying at the camp yet again tonight and going hunting yet again in the morning! I want to say, "You've killed the big one! What more is there for you to kill? Come home! The toilet's leaking." But I didn't. And, yes, the toilet is really leaking. Do you know what he told me? He said, "Well, turn the water off." Ugh!! Maybe now that the "Big One" is dead, he'll decide to spend more time with us. I remember when Wayne and I were dating and Wayne had gone hunting with his Dad. His mom and I were sitting at home and I remember her telling me that "hunting was just something that men do" blah, blah, blah. I took that conversation as to mean, "let Wayne hunt." After a few years, I got the same story from my dad, "As much as he's paying in dues over there, you need to let him hunt." I took that to mean, "let him get his money's worth." So I have. I've been the good wife. Even after Alise has been born, I've "let" Wayne go to the camp every weekend and even "let" him spend half of his vacation time at the camp. My "letting" is slowly but surely dwindling!

The Christmas trees are up! I've decided not to put the one up in our bedroom, so that only makes three trees. I'm thinking I'm not going to put everything out this year. Now I'm anxious to get all the boxes out from under the carport! I can't stand a cluttered and messy carport. It would be different if we had a garage door. Maybe on the next house!

Cousin Brooklyn left tonight to go back to Arkansas. She and Alise had a hard time "sharing" this last visit. I think Moma and Daddy are totally wiped out! They should sleep really good tonight!

I can't believe how much Alise is talking now! Most of the time, you still can't understand her, but she is really saying words! And she can tell you what she wants. I think being with her cousin this week has helped and it has certainly helped in the "potty" area. I think I'm going to have to pull out the "big girl potty" soon. She has been telling me when she has used the bathroom. I am so proud of her, but I don't know if it's just a thing or if I should really take it seriously and start potty training? I need to talk to Wayne about it and see what he thinks.

Well, I need to go see if my ala mater won tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment