Friday, November 10, 2006

Friday, November 10, 2006

So much for having a "viral infection." Alise's "viral infection" turned into strep throat's "twin sister" according to Dr. Stanley today. Yep! When I picked Alise up yesterday, Ms. Sandy told me that she thought Alise was running a little fever and she was very fussy. She was fussy last night and didn't sleep good...still coughing. But this morning, she acted okay, so I took her to school and told them if she got to feeling bad or running fever to call me. Ms. Sandy called at about 3:30 and I called the doctor's office. Alise had to have two roseffin shots, a prescription for an anitbiotic and another cough medicine with codene. Baby Girl is pretty sick! I'm debating on whether or not to keep Alise's haircut appointment tomorrow morning. Dr. Stanley said she should be feeling LOTS better by tomorrow morning. We'll see.

OH! The wheels for Alise's pink car came in this week! Step 2 Company is just great! I'm going to send them an email to tell them so. Instead of them sending us one tire for replacement, they sent us four!! If anybody needs a purple wheel for a pink car, let me know!

*************************************************************************************

I need to be in the bed. It's nearly 11:00. I haven't heard a peep out of Alise. I think she coughed maybe twice. I, on the other hand, have been a busy bee. I have cleaned the bathrooms, vacuumed and mopped, browned hamburger meat for crock-pot spaghetti for tomorrow's supper and made chocolate chip cookies. Whew! And I haven't slept in two nights! Where, you ask, is my husband? I'm not even going to go there! I'll give you one guess.

One of the reasons I'm still "hanging out" is because my makeup comes on at QVC at midnight. My QVC shopping has started back up again. It had died down for a while (after Wayne threatened to kill me if he saw another QVC box), but I've been doing some shopping lately. I've decided to buy my own Christmas gifts this year. Ya know, save Wayne some time....since he's so busy! Do you know what he told me about the QVC boxes? This is what he said, "Laura, ya know how you say that you don't want to see any paper when you come home (I don't know what he's talking about, mind you) because you look at it all day, well, I feel the same way. I see those brown QVC boxes all day and the last thing I want to see when I get home is another brown box!" Well!! I haven't bought that much, really, but I did tell him not to open any of my boxes. He was like, why? I was like, duh! They're Christmas presents!!!

Of course, another reason I had to stay up is because I wanted to know if my alamater, Ouachita, won their first play off game. They did! But honestly, I have not slept in almost two nights. Wednesday night I didn't got to sleep until around 1:00 and last night I went to bed early, but Alise was coughing, then the alarm went off at 1:30 for Wayne and then Alise woke up at 4:30 and I put her in bed with me. I dozed until 6:00 this morning. I feel like taking a Tylenol PM and sleeping until Monday morning. Unfortunately, I can't do that. But I sure would like to!

I'm considering having Alise's picture made for Christmas after all. I was thinking about using JCPenny's, although I've never really had good luck with them in the past. But in most of my Parent magazines, there is a coupon and the prices are reasonable. I showed my mom Alise's Christmas dress last weekend and she loved it. I like it, too, but we're going to have to wear it seven days a week to get our money's worth out of it. But now that I think about it, I used a store credit so I really didn't pay anything for it. I mean, it's not a spectacular dress, but it's simple and reflects the true meaning of Christmas with the nativity smocking. I'll keep thinking about the pictures.

Gotta go! Bare Escentuals is on QVC!!

No comments:

Post a Comment