Friday, October 13, 2006

Friday, October 13, 2006

Aunt Donna came by tonight for a visit and got on to me for not blogging. It certainly isn't because I haven't thought about it, but being out of town and trying to get back in the swing of things has had me going this week. I don't know what Nana did while we were gone to Atlanta, but Alise didn't go to bed until 10:00 Tuesday night. Wednesday night, she had to cry herself to sleep, but last night was better...almost back to "old" times. Tonight, Wayne said that she was very tired and went to bed at 7:30. Good. Maybe now we're getting back to our old routine. In the meantime, I'm going to have a word with Nana.

Our trip to Atlanta was great! We stayed in the Buckhead area, which is north of Atlanta and very....posh. Very ritzy! The malls had stores like Neiman Marcus, Sak's, Hermes, and Coach. Definitly out of our league, but of course, we bought things for Alise. I had some gymbucks to redeem at Gymboree, so we went crazy in there. Wayne picked out a Ralph Lauren outfit for Alise in Bloomingdale's. The mall was four stories! We rode in an Escalade for the first time. Our hotel was very nice...the maids would come in in the evening to turn down the beds and leave chocolates. On Saturday, we rented a Harley Davidson motorcycle and drove to Stone Mountain. That was fun. We stayed there most of the afternoon, but left early during the laser show because we were disappointed. We ate at our first French restaurant. The Melting Pot was closed, so we had to opt for another fondue restaurant and we were disappointed. On Sunday night we ate at Bones and the food was very good, but still pricey. Everything on the menu was ala cart. We watched a music video being produced but we had no idea who the singer was. Then, when we were leaving the mall, we saw all these camera men running to follow some girls, but we had no idea who they were, either. We had a really good time, but by Monday, I was ready to come home. I missed Alise alot. I couldn't wait to see her and I begged moma to bring her to the airport even though it was going to be past her bedtime when we got back to Monroe. She acted so strange when she saw us. I was crying, had tears rolling down my face, and she was looking at me like, "What is wrong with you?" I think she was scared that we were going to leave her again and that maybe why we had a problem with the bedtimes this week.

Tomorrow we are having "family time" at the zoo. St. Francis is having Employee Appreciation day at the zoo for the employees and their families. I've been talking it up with Alise and she can say, "zoo." Wayne is going to go with us. We're taking the camera, so I'll post the pictures as soon as I can.

I'm considering having Alise's hair cut. I thought that I would never, ever be ready to do that, but I think I need to do it soon. Her bangs are beginning to get in her eyes and it's so stringy-looking. She won't leave bows in and it drives me crazy! I bought some poneytail holders tonight and I'm going to try pigtails tomorrow for the zoo. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment