Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Let's see....what's new?

Wayne and I are still exhausted from this weekend. We've been dragging all week! Gone are the days of staying out till midnight! We've definitly gotten too old! We had a great time at the game. I have become as big of an Alabama fan as my husband, now. Roll tide!

Well, something was definitly wrong with Alise yesterday. She didn't eat anything for supper and, of course, I got worried (so unlike her). She began acting like she didn't feel good so I took her temperature and it was around 100...just enough to make her feel bad. I gave her some tylenol and we put her to bed at her usual time and she woke up an hour later wringing wet with sweat. By 9:00, she had woken up three times and so I put her in bed with us. Wayne had a fit, so I told him to get up and sleep on the couch. He kept complaining that she was kicking him. I was like, "Hey, Buddy! If she's kicking you, then she's head-butting me, so get over it." Needless to say, we didn't get much sleep last night. When I dropped her off at daycare this morning, Ms. Beverly said that Alise was not herself yesterday and she didn't eat lunch. I explained about last night and they said they would keep a check on her and call if she started running fever. I never got a call and when I called the school around 10:00 this morning, Ms. Sandy said she was doing fine. We ate supper at church tonight and she still didn't eat very much. I think it's because she's teething. She's cutting a back tooth on the right side.

She is growing up so fast. Her newest thing this week is to take you by the hand and lead you somewhere where she wants to go. I wish she would start talking more! The tantrums are still frequent...she loves to stomp those feet. She looked so cute today in her capri jeans, peach sweater and blue stride-rite shoes! She is still a helper. Tonight she helped Ms. Anna at church clean up the toys. When I came out of choir, they were walking down the hall together. Alise saw me and ran towards me to hug me. She is such a loving little girl. She hugs all her teachers good-bye everyday and hugged Ms. Anna tonight. She normally gives kisses away freely and it makes my day when she does. I must say, that she is also a little jealous. Yesterday morning, Emma (who is in Alise's class) and her mom, Lori (who I went to high school with) were coming through the door behind us at school. I walked on ahead to put Alise's lunchbox in her locker and Alise had Emma (who is about four month younger than Alise) by the hand leading her into their room. It was the sweetest thing!!! But then, somehow, I ended up holding Emma's hand (Alise walked on in the room by herself, I think) and when Alise saw me holding her hand, she nearly had a melt down...right there at 8:00 in the morning. And Monday night I was talking to one of the other little girls in her gymnastics class and she got mad at me. It's all too funny.

I got a little concerned last night because she and Wayne and I were horsing around on the couch and she bit me on the boob. She didn't bite hard, but she made a slight mark. I thought I was going to come off the couch! It surprised me more than anything, so then we had to go through the whole spill about not biting. I hope and pray that I don't get the dreaded call from school one day telling me that she's bit someone!

I have absolutely lost my mind. Okay, I admit it. I lost my mind. First of all, I forgot to mention last week that I bought Alise's Christmas dress. Yes, you heard me. Look, I had a credit at Avenue Kids and I had a couple of minutes to kill, so I went inside and there it was! A navy blue dress with smocking of the nativity scene around the top! It is too cute!!! THEN! Yesterday, I decided that Alise needed a gymnastics outfit. So I went to Dance Wearhouse at lunch and spent $50 on a gymnastics suit and a bag. The outfit is too cute! I'll try and take some pictures of her in it next week. By the way, I have yet to hear from Orient Express about Alise's Raggady Ann dress that supposedly was on backorder. I'll give them a call tomorrow. Also, her pictures at Holtzclaw should be in. I need to check on that tomorrow, too.

I realize I've got to do a better job at being a mother. I read an article in the newspaper today about families that have dinner together. I immediately felt guilty because just about the only time the three of us have dinner together is when we go out to eat somewhere. Alise is normally hungry and her schedule is to eat between 5:30 and 6:00. Well, Wayne's not home at that time, so he and I end up eating together later after Alise has gone to bed. She and I eat together on Wednesday nights at church. I'm hoping that when she gets a little older, she'll be able to stretch the time and make it so that we call all eat together. The newspaper said that kids who eat supper with their families each night are less likely to get involved in drugs, alcohol and promiscuity. And, they also do better in school.

Then tonight, at Bible Study, somebody mentioned that Jake Raborn's family has been called in and he wasn't expected to make it much longer. Jake is a three or four year old little boy that has been battling cancer for at least two or three years. His extended family are members of our church and I'm on the email list that sends updates about his condition. The news broke my heart. I cannot imagine what those parents must be going through. I can't imagine having a child with that disease. I was reminded that God sees the hurts and heartaches of His children and He carries them through like He said He would. He is faithful and true. Even in the valley, God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment