Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Tuesday, September 5, 2006


And the winner is.... picture #365 at the request of our babysitter, Amy. It's not exactly the picture I wanted to use--of course, I wanted a really "foo-foo" picture--but sometimes you just can't by choosy. Especially when it comes to a 15-month old who will never look at the camera and would rather die than look at the camera AND smile. So, this is the pic we're using for the Baby of the Year contest for our local newspaper. Go to www.thenewsstar.com to check out the other babies. Some of Alise's friends are out there. The deadline is tomorrow. After Wayne finished watching his TV show, he's going to register us online. I can't wait!!

Wayne didn't get home until late tonight, so Alise didn't ride her new "wheels" today when we got home. Actually, we kept it hid in the spare bedroom. That is so mean, I know, but I was selfish and decided I wanted to witness television history and watch Katie Couric on the CBS Evening News. I even left work earlier to get home before 5:30. I know, I'm crazy. Alise didn't mind at all. She was absolutely starving and gulped down alphabet spaghetti O's, crackers, and jell-o. I know. The supper of champions! I did cook, though. It just didn't get finished in time for Alise, so she'll have leftover chicken and rice casserole tomorrow for lunch.

We made our flight plans for Atlanta next month. We leave on Saturday the 7th. I keep reminding Wayne to get online and make some plans for us. He says we're going to go to the Lynard Skinard concert. I told him he has lost his mind because I am NOT going to a Lynard Skinard concert. I'd rather go to the spa in the hotel, to which he tells me, that I can't go. Oh, well. I'm sure we'll find something to do.

1 comment: