Tuesday, September 26, 2006

September 26, 2006

We took Alise to the fair tonight and we had THE best time!! She was a perfect angel and she just stared at the lights and rides in total amazement. It was the neatest thing to see things through her eyes. On the way there, she took a short cat-nap and I was worried about what kind of mood she was going to wake up in, but once she saw the lights and heard all the commotion, she was mesmerized. We took lots of pictures, but it's too late tonight to add them to the site. I'll let you know when they have been loaded.

Alise's favorite ride was the carousel. Of course, it was the only ride that we could get on with her. We let her watch it for a while before we bought tickets just to see if she was even the slightest bit interested in riding. But when she began to point and nearly came out of her stroller, I told Wayne to go ahead and buy tickets. The guy that was in charge of the ride was very nice and only charged me, so we ended up getting to ride twice: I rode once with her and Wayne rode with her again before we left. The first time, she didn't want to sit on the horse, so I had to hold her the whole time. But when she rode with Wayne later, she actually sat on the horse, but Wayne said there was no prying her hands off the pole. She was holding on for dear life!! I got some great pics of Baby Girl and her daddy riding the carousel together.

Tonight was a night of "firsts" for Alise. She had her first ride on the carousel; the first time she ever ate nachos (not too many, though, mostly she just licked the cheese off the chips); and the first time she had cotton candy. She didn't know what to think about the cotton candy. She looked confused at first, but then she caught on and kept wanting more. We didn't give her too much, though. I certainly didn't want her bouncing off the walls tonight or having a tummy ache. OH! And it was the first time for Alise to play the "Pick up the Duck" game and she actually won!! But she would have been perfectly content to stand there all night and pick up the ducks. She thought that was the neatest thing! So we kinda had a meltdown about that, but it wasn't too bad. There was a ride there that had these huge dragons that went around and around. They were green and purple and Alise thought it was Barney. She started shouting, "Ba-Ba! Ba-ba!"

OH! And speaking of firsts....Alise flat-out told me "No" this morning! I nearly fell out of the chair! I was in the computer room finishing an email to Mirya and Alise had her fruit loop bowl on the edge of the keyboard. I put my hand up so the bowl wouldn't fall off. She gently took my hand, put it in my lap, and said, "No." I said, "Alise, that word is going to get you into a lot of trouble, young lady." She just looked up at me with the biggest grin I have ever seen! Sometimes she is the most precious thing I have ever seen! God, give me strength!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment