Monday, September 25, 2006

Monday, September 25, 2006

Wayne and I are watching the Saints vs. Atlanta game as I write this. One of our good friends, Brad Pevehouse, is at the game so we're hoping we see him on TV (highly unlikely). Our friends either make too much money or are just the luckiest people we've ever known. However, I think if I had gotten the chance to go to the game, I would have gladly turned it down. After all, I made a promise to God that if he got me out of the knee-deep, rat-infested water of Canal Street back in June of 2003, that I would never go back (I'll have to tell you the story another time!...my own personal "Katrina" story). He did and I haven't been back.

I didn't get a chance to tell you what Alise did last night. I had my first official "back-talking" from Alise last night. I'm sure it won't be my last. I was laughing so hard that it was so hard keeping a straight face when I told her very sternly, "Alise, you don't talk to Moma that way." Of course, she had a meltdown. After she and I got in from Nana's and Papaw's yesterday afternoon, I started loading dishes into the dishwasher. Alise likes to push the bottom rack into the machine and raise up and shut the door. She kept trying to do this while I was loading the dishwasher. After about the third time, I spatted her hand, told her "no" and to "go play." I was still at the sink washing the plates off when I noticed this jibber-jabbering going on behind me. I almost ignored her, but when I turned around, she was pointing and shaking her finger at me and justa "telling me off" in her own language, of course. I nearly died laughing, but I had to keep a straight face. I certainly let her know that I would not let her talk to me like that. I wish I had it on video. It was so hilarious!

I took Alise to see Dr. Stanley today. She just hasn't been herself the past two weeks and I noticed this weekend that she was touching her ears again. I was worried that she had another ear infection to go along with the congestion and runny nose we've been fighting. Can you believe Baby Girl weighs 25 pounds!?! The little heifer!! But she did SO much better today when he looked at her ears and listened to her heart. She did get upset when he had to look at her throat. Dr. Stanley said that she had some drainage and her throat was inflammed, but her ears were clear. He gave me a prescription for the drainage and then another for an antibiotic, just incase her fever spikes or her ears begin to drain. Every kid in Monroe was in the doctor's office and I think one little girl that was sitting near us was throwing up, so there is no telling what we're going to catch from the visit today. I didn't let Alise get out of my lap and luckily, we didn't have to wait in the second waiting room where all the toys are. We got called back to a room pretty quickly. I asked Dr. Stanley if we needed to repeat the PTT test and blood work and he said he really didn't think it was necessary. I was fine with that.

Alise wore her new gymnastics suit tonight to her class. I forgot to take the camera, but Wayne got some pictures of her here tonight at the house. She was too cute! Tiffany got some pictures of Alise and Addison together in their outfits. She said she would email them to me and if she does, I will post them. She said, "Addison" tonight and even tried to kiss her. However, she didn't do very well with her rolls. Tonight they learned how to do "straddle rolls" and Alise wouldn't do a single one....not even a regular roll. She did do several flips on the bars with Ms. SueAnn helping her and she loves the beam. She would get on it all be herself and didn't want me to hold on to her while she walked across it. So independent!!

Wayne and I are debating whether or not we want to take Alise to the fair. I'm really not wild about her getting on all those rides...all the germs!! I would love to see if she would ride the carousel (with one of us, of course) and there is a petting zoo and I think she would love to see the animals. She loves animals. She looks for moma and daddy's neighbor's dog and cat every time we go over there. Last night, our neighbor, brought out the "white dogs" so Alise could see them while we were riding the neighborhood in our pink car.

I think back to this day two years ago and I am amazed at how one tiny little girl has changed my life. It was this day in 2004 that I found out that I was pregnant. One of the OB/GYN nurses at the hospital (who wishes to remain anoynomous, but you know who you are) called me at home that night after my blood work came back. I'll never forget Wayne's expression that night when I got home (it was late) and he said, "Uh, I think you need to go check that test in the bathroom." I had deliberately left the pregnancy test out that morning. I remember being so scared and at the same time telling myself, "Well, there is no turning back, now." I can't imagine my life without Alise. I can't think about what my life was like before I had her. She is the most precious thing to me...jibber-jabbing and finger pointing and all. I want only the best for her. I want her to know what it means to laugh so hard, your stomach hurts. I want her to know what it feels like to be in love and how your mouth craves a cold glass of milk after eating a big fat piece of chocolate cake. I want to be there when her friends desert her and when she learns how to drive. I want to be everything that my mom was for me and even more. I can think of no better name to be called than simply, "Alise's mom."

P.S. Alise's Raggady Ann smocked dress came in today from Orient Express. I noticed that the neckline looked rather small, so tonight after Alise's bath, I tried the dress on her. She was tired and wasn't happy about putting on something else that wasn't her nightgown. We picked up her Raggady Ann doll out of her bed (she sleeps with her every night) and took her to our room and put her in front of the full length mirror. We showed her the smocking on her dress and how it matched her doll. The biggest smile came across her face. I think she likes the dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment