Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

I don't know if I'm going through a mid-life crisis or what, but my job is driving me CRAZY!!!!!!!!! I haven't blogged about it simply because I thought it would get better and most of the people who check out my blog are only concerned about one person and that is Miss Alise. Sorry to disappoint, but today it's all about the job. I left work in tears today and told my staff and the auditors that I wouldn't be back tomorrow. I just emailed my boss from home and told her I wouldn't be there tomorrow.

To make a VERY long story short, a few weeks ago, I had--what my old friend Lucia would call --a "come to Jesus" meeting with my boss. I told her I wasn't happy with the way things were going; I felt like I was being left out on alot of decisions and other things that were going on and the communication around that place just really stinks. I told her I refused to work with a so-called co-worker because of the condescending tone she had towards me. All my boss had to say about that was, "Okay, fine." I told my boss that I had been busting my butt for nine months and I was tired of the crap...tired of having no help...and the expectation of always being more, more. Do you know what she had to say to that? She said, "Well, do you need some time off?" I was like, you are missing the entire point of this conversation. I mean, I have had my entire staff taken away from me. I started with ten people, I am down to four and that includes me!!!! And the expectation is that I will still continue to do the job of three people!! That's crazy!!! It ended with me telling her that I didn't know how much longer I would be around and she said, "Well, you need to tell me if you decide to do anything." I was like, yeah, right.

Today, I absolutely hit the ceiling!! My AP supervisor gets an email from downtown's secretary (their stupid accounting department has a freakin' secretary!!! Can you believe that? Bryan McCauley and Betty Scriber would be dying!!!) stating that she is Linda's "new timekeeper" and that she noticed that Linda had not clocked on Monday. Linda was out on PTO on Monday, okay? So, Linda emails her back and says, "Laura Horton monitors my time and she has all my information." Well, when Linda copies me on the email, I fly off the handle! Who in the heck authorized her to start doing MY employees time? So I email my boss. I'm like, Lisa, when did Diane start accounting for North's (campus) time? And why are we now grouped in company 1100 (SFMC downtown) and not company 1150 (St. Francis North)? It was a very short and to the point email. Not a minute later, my phone rings and it's Lisa. She precedes to tell me that she instructed payroll to go ahead and group the North employees in with downtown so that when we move downtown, it won't be so "cumbersome" then. I said, "So you mean to tell me that there is no longer a St. Francis North accounting department? There is no more company 1150?" And she said, "Well, yes. We're going to one business office and so we're only having one accounting department. We'll just intercompany the expense to the North's books every month." I felt like saying, "Over my dead body!!" So I said, "Okay.....(Very sarcastically)" and she says, "Do you have a problem with that?" DO I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THAT?!?!?!?!?!?
Has she lost her mind! You just told me that my department no longer exists. Heck, yes, I have a problem with that!!!! The whole time I'm thinking what ROCK have I been under the last ten months? I had been told that "everything was going to stay the same." And then they wonder why employees are so darn ticked off!! So then I call my friend Andrea, who works downtown in the accounting department, and I let her have it!!! I mean, up one side and down the other! Poor Andrea! She had nothing to do with it. But she was the one that convinced me to stay when everybody else was abandoning ship last Fall. I mean, I had just had it! Absolutely had it! So I went into Linda's office and she was like "Oh, my God, Laura, what's wrong?" I told her that I wouldn't be there tomorrow. Before I left, I told the auditors that I wouldn't be there tomorrow and that I may not even be there on Friday. Right now, I don't care if I ever go back. Wayne says, "Laura, you have to go back to work." I'm like I have 20 freaking days of PTO built up and tomorrow is pay day. WHY do I have to go back to work? I would just love to see them do a monthend with out me!!!!! Can you tell I'm a little upset?

Don't get me wrong. I really do like my boss and I'm wondering if my attitude as of late isn't going to put a strain on our working together in the future (did I just say future?....I didn't mean that!). I'm not trying to be bitchy about it. I just want some dead-gum answers and to be included. That's all. Is that too much to freakin' ask? If I'm over the freaking North campus of the hospital then by God I need to know what in the hell is going on!

P.S. I ordered the Raggady Ann smocked dress for Alise this morning off www.orientexpressed.com. If you want to check it out, go the the link that says "bishop dresses." I'm hoping it will be in before next Tuesday when Alise has her pictures at Holtzclaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment