Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Much to my surprise, Alise did wonderful today when we had her pictures made at Holtzclaw (Go to www.holtzclawphotography.com. Alise's picture (3 month picture) is the sixteenth picture in the slideshow on their home page). But by thirty minutes, she had had enough. That was okay, though. We made it through three "wardrobe changes." She ended up seeing Lucy's beach balls (props) in the corner and that was it....Raggady Ann was toast and all she wanted was the balls! Lucy and I even got her to smile so I KNOW we've got shots with her smiling and for that I am so glad!! I go tomorrow at 11:00 to view the proofs and I'm really excited about them. The first session (aka "wardrobe") Alise was in a navy and white two-piece. The props were a vase of flowers and a Victorian couch/love seat (I'm not really sure how that is going to turn out?). The color scheme was maroon; the second session, she was in her pink nightgown with some shots with Raggady Ann and some with her Madame Alexander doll; the color scheme was totally white; the third session, which we probably only got about two shots with this one, she's in a pink two-piece linen outfit. I was so thankful that we didn't have to go through a shoe or passy meltdown!!

Alise was so good, that we went to Target afterwards and I got her a new wooden puzzle with animals on it. She loves puzzles and we're "practicing" animals and their sounds these days. She can tell you that a cow says "moo" and tonight when I asked her what a dog says, she said, "Wuf-wuf." I was shocked. She is learning so much at school! Every night, I ask her to "Bring Moma a book so we can read a night-time story." For the first time, she brought me a book of prayers that my Grandmother had given her for Christmas. So last night, I began showing her how to put her hands together to say her prayers. She thought it was the neatest thing, but when I asked her about it tonight and put my hands together to see if she remembered, she ignored me.

No comments:

Post a Comment