Thursday, August 24, 2006

Thursday, August 24, 2006 - 3:08 PM

My dreams have come true!!! The 80's are back!!!! I went to the mall this morning (I was sitting in the Food Court reading the paper and eating a chicken biscuit from Chic-fil-a when the bottom fell out!) to blow off some steam. I can't get over the styles! The long shirts with the big belts and oh, those leggings!! I thought I had died and gone to heaven! I knew I shouldn't have gotten all my hair cut off last week! I could be letting it grow out so that I could have the "BIG" hair thing going on again! I could be re-living my youth! Wasn't I just talking about Pretty in Pink last week? Makes me want to go out and rent "Footloose," "Sixteen Candles" and "The Breakfast Club" (Carrie, I hope you're reading this!).

I have to admit I was a little embarrassed this morning. I checked my email and there were some responses to my "bold" blog last night. One from a very dear friend who I just love to death. She, of all people, I was secretly hoping wouldn't read yesterday's entry. (She was suppose to read the PIP blog instead)just because...well, I don't know. Just because. I lost control, I admit it. But I'm still mad.

My boss emailed me back last night (after I emailed her and told her I wouldn't be at work today) and said, "Ok. Just let me know if there is anything I need to do with the auditors." I was like, whatever!! My last concern is those auditors. Then, just now, I checked my email and she emailed me again this morning and said, "Do you want to use PTO or do you still have some comp time?" I nearly hit the ceiling again!! I just don't get. Neither does she. So, I emailed her back and said, "Unscheduled PTO will be fine." So far, I haven't heard anything.

My cellphone never rang today while I was out galavanting. It kinda disappointed me. Maybe I'm the one that doesn't have a clue and they really don't need me after all. So around 1:20, I called Linda Clark at the office to find out what all was going on. She said that both Lisa and Dianna (my counterpart for the downtown campus, who I get along with really well) had called Linda asking about me. Dianna wanted to know "Is Laura okay?" Lisa wanted to know if she should call me while I was at home? Linda said, "I wouldn't." Go Linda!! From what Linda told me, she told Lisa why I was ticked off. She said Lisa only had good things to say about me and that "Laura doesn't need to know that we had this conversation." Are you kidding me? Linda Clark is the mouth from the south!! I am just so disgusted with that place right now. And if I wasn't scared about taking tomorrow off, too, I'd do it in a heartbeat, but I think it would probably be best if I do go back to work tomorrow. This certainly doesn't mean that the storm is over. I plan to sit down tonight after Alise goes to bed and make a list of everything I want to get off my chest. If I have to carry that list around with me in my bra, I'll do it, because if the situation ever comes up and if I get the chance, my guns are going to be loaded!!

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh, The Breakfast Club, yet another one of my alltime favorite movies! But I wasn't around for the FIRST time it came out. :)

    ReplyDelete