Monday, August 21, 2006

Monday, August 21, 2006

I discovered something that has become my new best friend. Well, let's just say it ranks right up there with my Philosophy products. The People magazine wasn't the only thing I bought at Walmart the other night. I bought some Vaseline Moisturizing Bath Beads in the honey vanilla fragrance. You need to try it. It makes your bath water (if you're a bath person) feel so soft. I love it!

I needed all the bath beads I could find tonight! It was Melt Down City around our house tonight! Alise is so attached to her pink car. Every time she sees it she insists on riding in it. Only now, she likes to push it as much as she likes to ride in it. So usually, we have a meltdown in the morning (on the way to school) and then another when we get home in the afternoon because: a) it's too hot to be outside at that time, or b) she's rode in her car for a while and now it's time to come inside and she doesn't want to. I finally convinced her to come in tonight by asking her if she wanted to watch Barney (She barely paid me any attention when I picked her up today, because Ms. Mary had just put in a Barney video and her eyes were glued to the TV), So I did something that I swore I would never do and I let the TV be the babysitter tonight while I cooked supper. But the chicken took longer than the directions said and Alise was getting very hungry. The grapes and goldfish just weren't doing the trick. So I had to end up pulling something different out of the cabinet for Alise to have for supper. Then, I don't know if it was an accident or not, but she ended up loosing her plate and it fell to the floor....food and all. Wayne spatted her hands and said, "No, no Alise." Well, of course, she went into overload. She started reaching for me and I said, "I'm sorry, but I've told you that you don't throw your plate on the floor." Well, she went into over-overload then! So I cleaned her up, but her in the bathtub after she had another over, over over-load about taking her pink crocs off to get in the tub. She didn't want to play tonight so we just had a bath and got out.

Speaking of the pink crocs...the child would sleep in them if she could! This morning, I put a new pair of sandals on her that I had gotten at Payless for $5 a few weeks ago. I picked up her pink crocs and set them beside her lunchbox because I was going to carry them to school incase the new shoes started bothering her feet. She saw me pick the crocs up and immediately started stripping herself out of the new shoes and reaching for the crocs. Finally, I gave up and said, "Okay. Just wear the darn things!"

Don't get me wrong. I love Alise to death. She's my pride and joy! But she is definitly "coming into her own." My own mother told me about her temper-tantrum she threw on Saturday. She can tell you what she wants by pointing and shaking her head yes or no. She won't hesitate to stomp those feet. She's still my baby girl and when I turn around in the car in the mornings and smile at her and she smiles back, it just makes my whole day. I love her with all my heart and I'm learning everyday that Alise is her own little person. I like to imagine her always being the perfect little girl...never throwing fits, never whining, always smiling and saying "thank you" and "please" (something else we're working on and making no progress with). I realize that that is just a dream. Alise is human. I just want to be the best mother and the best example I can be for her.

1 comment:

  1. Mirya Mason11:03 PM

    I know EXACTLY what you are talking about when it comes to temper-tantums. Oh, my word! One minute Katie will hug on me "Mama Mama" and the next she is hanging on my leg - crying. All she wants me to do is hold her & play in the floor with her (all day long). Some days, we will do this - when I give up from stress. There is just so much laundry can be stacked until you can't get in the bedroom. Sometimes I feel like I'm the worst Mom when I have to let her cry. You want them to be happy all the time. We are trying to get Katie to stop biting, pulling hair & pinching. She can be a little brat, but I love her and all we can do is continue correcting her bad habits.

    ReplyDelete