Friday, August 11, 2006

Friday, August 11, 2006

WE ARE EAR INFECTION FREE!!!!! I was beginning to think I would never hear those words. No more antibiotics, no more fussiness, no more red bottoms!!! Thank goodness!!

Alise had her post-surgery checkup this morning with Dr. Dugas at 9:00. She barely fussed when he looked in her ears and she even smiled at him. I breathed a sigh of relief when Dr. Dugas said that her ears looked perfect. From there, we went to a visit with Dr. Stanley. He was curious about the PTT test being elevated and for the time being suggested that we keep yogurt and lacinex granules down her. He also perscribed a vitamin K for her to start taking. He is going to contact an old college professor who is a hemotologist and talk to him about Alise's elevated levels. He told me he would call me next week and we may repeat the test. Oh joy! That means more blood work!! Dr. Stanley said that he really didn't suspect anything to be wrong, but wanted to check with his professor and that made me feel better. I'm not bragging, but I think Dr. Stanley takes extra-special care of us because he knows I work for the hospital. I like that. He's definitly a hand holder! He said that he hopes the ear surgery is the last surgery Alise ever has to have. She looked up at the alligator on his wall and said, "Alligator" and he laughed.

Alise had an extra special treat today. Daddy got to pick her up from daycare. Wayne said that he looked through the window of her room and when she finally saw him, she came running to the window and yelling, "Da-da!! Da-da!!" When he told me about it, I said, "Didn't that make you feel good?" And he said, "Yep, it sure did!" Picking Alise up from daycare is the highlight of my day. When she comes running toward me and hugs me, my heart just melts. Who would have ever thought a little girl could do that?

No comments:

Post a Comment