Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Wednesday, July 5, 2006

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!....a day late. Better late than never, I guess. We had a quiet 4th. I worked (I got to work at 6:00 yesterday morning!) and Wayne and Baby Girl slept most of the day. It was perfect weather...it rained nearly all day. I met them at McDonald's for lunch and Alise ate three-fourths of a hamburger. She's not wild about the fries. But she likes her Sprite. Then, when Alise woke up from her nap, we went to Nana & Papaw's for steaks with all the fixin's. The food was great and we all ate too much!! Then we came home; Alise and Wayne went to bed (Wayne is doing the Jackson shuttle again this week) and I worked. Work, work, work. I honestly told myself that if I got one more phone call today from somebody wanting something I was going to pick up my purse and never come back! Then who'd they find to close the books?! I am so sick of not having any staff. And I guess if I just continue to do it and it gets done, then they'll continue to think that I can handle it. But three people's jobs? Come on! And things are in such a mess. I can't begin to tell you all the messes I'm finding from the person that just left. I wanted to lay my head down on my desk to day and cry! How did that person ever get a degree in accounting?!?! I'll probably get fired tomorrow for not showing up to a meeting at 8:00 in the morning, but oh, well. I got a kudos from my Assistant VP yesterday (or was it Monday?) so I'm not too worried about it.

Alise is cutting yet ANOTHER tooth. This one is on the bottom, too, next to the first two. Does that make any sense? I saw it tonight while she was in the bathtub. Probably in a few days she will have four teeth on the bottom, no front teeth, but two "eye teeth" or incisors, whatever you call them. She was in the best mood tonight. No whining. Still no pictures. I'll try to get Wayne to upload them soon, but he's been busy.

OH! And Ms. Leigh called us last night and left a mean message on our answering machine! She and Brad and the boys are in Disney World this week. Leigh called and said that she had just seen Cinderella and all the princesses! Of course, Alise's eyes got big and she looked at me and said, "Mommie, when can I go see Cinderella?" And I said, "When you turn 4 years old because when you're 3, we're going to the beach, so the next year we'll go to Cinderella and the castle." And then she asked me, "But, Mommie, will the prince be there?" "Yes, Alise the prince will be there!"

1 comment:

  1. still working on moving...haven't gotten through all the red tape yet. maybe pretty soon we'll be living close by each other, and not across town!

    ReplyDelete