Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Adnoids and tubes. August 1st.

Alise's teacher, Ms. Sandy, called me at 2:00 today to tell me that Alise was okay, but that her bottom was beginning to blister from the excessive bowel movements. She said she had to call parents for two other children in the daycare because they were throwing up and had diarrehea and she didn't know if maybe Alise had a touch of that. (I thought, "Oh, great! Ears and vomit! Just what I need before we leave to go out of town for the weekend!") I left work and picked Alise up, but I took her back to work with me hoping that Wayne and I could switch off when he got home. Dr. Dugas' office called to confirm Alise's appointment for tomorrow. I asked the receptionist if there was any way that Dr. Dugas could see her today. She put me on hold for a while and said yes, if I came immediately. I scooped Alise up, put her back in the hot car and we were at Dr. Dugas' office in ten minutes. They worked us in rather quickly. Dr. Dugas is kinda quirky and he certainly wasn't my first choice, but I was (and still am) in a bind. Alise didn't like him very much, either. She screamed just about as much with him as she does with Dr. Stanley! Needless to say, he said her ears still had fluid in them and he wanted to look at her adnoids. The nurse took an x-ray of Alise's skull (ear). Dr. Dugas showed me where her adnoids were enlarged and they were probably the reason the fluid was backing up in her ear. He suggested tubes and removal of her adnoids (I felt like saying, "Take her tonsils, too, or we'll be right back here in about four years!" But I didn't. Should I've?). He lead me to his nurse to schedule surgery and I had a melt down right there in her office while Alise was picking up Cheese Nips off the floor and eating them. I was a basket-case. I called my boss to be sure it was alright if I scheduled it for August 1st and of course, she was okay with it. I finally calmed down long enough to hear words like blood work, audio test, and a pre-op visit on July 31st. Oh, and the fact that she can't have this and that for the next week and a half!

1 comment:

  1. Cameron is getting his tonsils and adenoids out Aug. 23rd.

    ReplyDelete