Sunday, June 04, 2006

Sunday, June 4, 2006



As promised....pictures from yesterday's swimming break. I wanted Doug and Mirya to see Alise sitting in the chair Katie gave her for her birthday. Today, when we went swimming again, Wayne put her chair in the pool and she played a little more in the actual pool. I don't know what her hang up is with the swimming pool. She did so good at Eileen's birthday party, but now she doesn't seem to be that interested. Oh, well. There is always next year.

I dread tomorrow. Everything's labeled. Her lunch is ready. The blanket and sippy cup are already in her bag. Extra diapers are in the car. I talked to Alissa Stevens tonight. Her daughter's name is Mallory and she is about six months older than Alise. We met them at NM Daycare. Mallory's first day at Yellow House was last week and tonight when I talked to Alissa, she said that things went really well and Mallory adjusted just fine to her new surroundings. I just absolutely hate the idea of leaving Alise tomorrow. I don't know these people and I can only assume that I will have to leave her crying in a stranger's arms tomorrow morning. Somehow, I find myself dreading tomorrow even more than when I had to go back to work after maternity leave. But Alissa said all the teachers are so nice and she really thinks that Alise will be fine. Deep down, I know she will, too. I mean, this is the daycare I've wanted her to be in from day one. I think maybe I would feel differently if she had started at Yellow House from day one. However, the day school does not take children until they are a year old or walking.

Nana & Papaw came over for lunch today after they got out of church. I had made a ham, potato casserole, fried okra, and corn (Who says I can't cook? Alise is having leftover ham and macaroni and cheese tomorrow for lunch!). Then, the three of us laid down and took a nap. We didn't get up until nearly 3:30! Nana & Papaw told us that Michael may be coming in next weekend and he might leave Brooklyn to spend the week with them. I was shocked. Papaw said that if Brooklyn comes, then Alise will have to come over, too. He promised to take them swimming at Ms. Paula's pool next door. I told him we had the Strawberry Shortcake floaties and we were ready!

I told Wayne that we needed to go to Oak Grove this weekend to take pictures at his dad's grave site. We took Alise last year and had pictures made when she was about seven weeks old. When I think back at those pictures, I can't believe how tiny she was! I remember exactly what everyone was wearing! She had on the sweetest white dress (which I found this weekend when I was looking for a pair of sandels to let Kelly borrow). Anyway, Wayne said that we would go sometime Sunday afternoon after church.

1 comment: