Saturday, June 03, 2006

Saturday, June 3, 2006


Finally a Saturday with nothing to do! Nothing to do, of course, but work on our around-the-house "honey-do" lists. Didn't even get that done! We slept in this morning until Alise woke us up at 8:45. Then we had breakfast and played and played. After Alise's nap this afternoon, we went for a swim, but then Daddy decided to mow the yard so we had to go inside. I'll post those pictures tomorrow.

I wanted to show you some decorating I've done in Alise's room. Last Monday (Memorial Day), I ran by Target after work and saw the cutest set of string lights. They are little lamp shades with rick-rack and fringe on them. You can't see them very well in the picture, but I decided to drape them over Alise's balloon valance. It turned out really cute. Of course, Wayne is scared there may be a fire, so I've only turned them on once so far. The rug actually came from Sam's. Linda Clark told me about them on Tuesday. She had bought both her granddaughters one of each and when she described them to me, I decided to see for myself. And, yes, I bought one. I really liked the pink scallopped rug better, but this one looks better in Alise's room.

As for the pictures, I hope you all are happy! They were a pain to load. I had to keep deleting other albums. There are still others that I want to add, but that will have to be for another day. I tried to pick pictures that I thought Doug didn't have on Katie's website. His pictures are still better than the ones I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment