Saturday, May 13, 2006

Saturday, May 13, 2006




Today was finally ZOO DAY! It didn't rain and we got to take "the girls" (and Caleb) to the zoo this afternoon. We had so much fun and the kids were so good. Addison (in the pink stroller) and Alise stayed about two hours, but Josie (in the yellow) and her brother Caleb had to leave early. I'm not quite sure just how many animals Alise really got to see. With all the greenery and dark cages, sometimes it was hard to see the animals. But I do know that she saw the ostrich, the hippo (I took her out of stroller to see it) and the lions and tigers. I think she was more facinated by all the people. I did learn that I didn't take enough water. I had made Alise a sippy cup of juice and water before we left the house, but it was so warm this afternoon, that I had to buy some bottled water and share it with her. I was so paranoid that she was going to get sunburned. Her little cheeks got so rosy. Luckily, Rachel (Josie's mom) had some sunblock and shared. The weather was warm but nice. There was a nice breeze from time to time. Later, we took a break under a shade tree and let the girls have their "snacks." I enjoyed getting to talk to other "moms" and finding out some of the things they do. We talked about "getting off the bottle" and pediatricians.

Alise and I had a good day today. Wayne was gone all day helping a friend build some cabinets, so it was "just the girls." We played, went for stroller rides, and blowed bubbles. She kept "demanding" cheetos with her peanut butter and jelly sandwich at lunch. She loves Cheetos. Her face was covered in orange!



No comments:

Post a Comment