Monday, May 15, 2006

Mother's Day 2006

My first Mother's Day.

I never thought much about Mother's Day before except from a "daughter's perspective." I never pictured myself as being a mom because I didn't think I would be any good at it. I was too selfish; I was (and still am) scared of failure. Even after almost a year of having Alise, there are days when I don't actually "feel" like a mother. I feel more like a "care giver." Maybe it's because Alise needs me so much right now. I know that I love her with all my heart and that I would do anything for her. I can't wait to see her smile in the mornings or pick her up from daycare in the afternoons. I covet her kisses and I am so amazed how she has grown this past year. She is definitly a good baby and I am so blessed to have her in my life. When she's happy, I'm happy. After all this time, I can't imagine my life without her...whether I "feel" like a mother or not. I can think of no better than name than to simply be known as "Alise's mom."

No comments:

Post a Comment