Saturday, April 08, 2006

Saturday, April 8, 2006

Today was a great day for us! We all woke up early and headed down to Winnsboro for the annual "Cathfish Festival." We got there just as the vendors were opening and setting up their booths. We definitly didn't want to be there when the crowd was there!. Last year, Wayne and I went to the festival when I was big-fat pregnant and I knew that I didn't want to have Alise there with all the people! But she was very good and only wanted to get out of her stroller a few times to be held, but eventually, she would get back in her stroller. The only problem was that it was so COLD!! I had dressed Alise in a cute summer outfit that Nana had gotten her for Valentine's Day. I was smart enough to think about a sweater, but I had no idea that it was as cold as it really was! I expect to have a visit with Dr. Stanley this week, especially when I saw her right ear oozing gook! But she hasn't complained about or ran any fever today, so maybe not. I can only be so lucky!

This afternoon, we went to a friend's birthday party. Jonah Pevehouse was turning 6 years old and since Brad and Leigh are such good friends of ours, we decided to invite ourselves to the party! It was at our church's playground. The kids were having a great time, but the parents were sitting around under the shade trees with blankets wrapped around them. Alise got to swing in one of the kiddy swings and Wayne held her as she went down the slide. She seemed to really have a good time. I wish I had remembered to take our camera!

Aunt Donna stopped by this afternoon to see Baby Girl. She was just dozing off for her afternoon nap, but I think she got to see Alise anyway.

Nana & Papaw came over tonight and Wayne fried fish for supper. Alise gave Papaw kisses when he fed her ice-cream. He was her best friend for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment