Saturday, April 01, 2006

Saturday, April 1, 2006

Alise went with me this morning to get a hair cut. I didn't have a babysitter and Nana and Papaw went out of town. My bangs have been driving me crazy for two weeks, so I couldn't cancel. Alise was good. She sat in my lap the whole time and was very watchful of what Rhonda was doing. I thought the blow dryer might scare her, but it didn't; she kept reaching for the cord. Needless to say, she and I both were covered in hair and by the time we got home, it was time for a nap. I stripped Baby Girl down and put her to bed then I shook out her "tie-dyed" t-shirt and blue jean shorts (too cute!) to get all the hair off.

As for the Easter pictures....Alise did really well. Of course, she still didn't smile (We may have gotten one shot with a half smile), but she cooperated. She was scared of the bunny at first, but by the end of the session, she was "petting" him and pulling his skin. Poor bunny! I think she even poked him in the eye once! There were about six people in the studio acting like a bunch of idiots to try and get Alise to smile, but she wouldn't. Her Easter dress looks great on her! Even though it's a size 9-month, she's still got plenty of room to grow into it and may even get the whole summer in it after all.

Alise loves to be outside!! After lunch we went for a stroller ride in the church parking lot (because our road is too rough and bumpy). I thought about my friend Nicole who moved to Las Vegas last summer. One day when she was "between visits," I had locked myself out of the house. It happened to be a pokeno night and she was coming the house that night to change clothes. I had left my keys on my desk at the office and she had to bring them to me. Alise and I "killed" time that night by strolling in the church parking lot until she got there. I miss her alot! But today, Alise hummed and "talked" the whole time we were strolling. She liked to watch the cars and trucks go by on the main highway. She didn't miss anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment