Monday, April 17, 2006

Monday, April 17, 2006

Okay. Now it's time to get back to the birthday party planning!! I've GOT to order those M&Ms!! Wayne is going to kill me, but after the money I just forked over for his motorcycle, he owes me and Alise....for a very long time!!

OH! I forget to mention yesterday that Alise took her first step on Easter! No one saw it but me and Ms. Manning (Steve's mom). I was in the recliner at Donna's house and Alise was playing on her table in front of me. There was just enough room between us that she could hang on to the table and me at the same time to go back and forth. Well, there was one time when she completely let go of the table and took a step and then grabbed me on the leg! I was excited. I've been expecting it for a while! My goodness, soon enough she will be running around here like crazy!! She was so precious Sunday afternoon in her retro 70's dress and her "between the toe" sandals! She won't keep those things on!! She starts playing with the flower on top and eventually pulls them off! I don't know why I bother, but I just don't care for barefooted babies. Some people think baby feet are great and they are, but my goodness! When it's freezing outside, but some socks on the kid! And when it summer time, the babies should have on sandals!! (Am I getting "personal" enough for you, Amie?!) Everyone says that when babies are trying to walk that you shouldn't put shoes on them. I normally only put shoes on Alise for looks. I know as soon as I am gone at the daycare, they yank those things off!!

I've called Dr. Stanley's nurse several times to talk to her about going ahead and starting Alise on regular milk, but we keep missing each other. I'll try again tomorrow. The formula can is getting pretty low and I really want to talk to her about it first....just to get an idea of how Dr. Stanley likes to advise his patients. Alise will be one next month and I really don't see what harm in starting a month early could possibly do. My little woman has got to be teething. She woke up a few times last night and cried out, but went back to sleep. Her diapers are still messy and except for a little more "clingyness" than usual, she's been okay. She is so precious. She went with me to the grocery store tonight and wanted to touch everything that I put in the buggy. She doesn't miss a thing!!

1 comment:

  1. I've always heard that when they start walking it's BETTER to put shoes on them...to strengthen their ankles...

    ReplyDelete